9 Steps to Start Your Search for Unclaimed Money
1. Look for all the states below that you ever lived in and search in those states to find money owed to you.
2. Look in states you never lived in but you open an account or used an address of a family member or a friend who lived in that state.
3. For each one you lived in, put in the first letter of your first name and your full last name.
E.g. C Hebert. Then click search
If the first letter of your first name and your full last name matches the address that is your present or former address, you should file a claimed for that money.
4. You can also put in part of your last name and look for addresses that you may have lived before or is presently living. If the address matches with the partial last name you should file a claim
5. Put in your full first and last name to do a search. If the result matches your present or former address you should file a claimed.
6. In the last name section put in your company full name then click search. You can also put in part of your company name then click search.
7. After you search your State Website go to the Federal Sites # 53 to 63 and search for money for yourself.
8. Website # 59 covers all states that have money owed to present of formed home owners
Click the link under each State that you lived in to start your search for Unclaimed Money!
50 States Missing and Unclaimed Money
9. Dist. Of Columbia
30. New Hampshire
31. New Jersey
32. New Mexico
33. New York
34. North Carolina
35. North Dakota
40. Puerto Rico
41. Rhode Island
42. South Carolina
43. South Dakota
49. Washington State
50. West Virginia
Other Databases for Missing and Free Money
53. The I.R.S. Unclaimed or Missing Refund Checks
54. The National Credit Union Administration.
55. The pension benefit corporation.
56. Savings Bonds:
57. The Federal Treasury Search.
58. Veterans insurance that is unclaimed.
59. Hud mortgage insurance refund
60. Unclaimed Money Located at The FDIC
61. The Department of Financial Services
62. Holocaust Issues
These are the websites above where you can find money owed to you. You do not have to pay any one to do the search for you. at this site you can find missing money free.
New York Unclaimed Funds
The United States Unclaimed Money
Indiana Unclaimed Money